Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Party of my Dreams

My unforgettable and very important Quiceanera was the first and biggest event, just for me. Turning fifteen meant everything to me at the time. I couldn't wait for the biggest and best party everyone in Chapeltique ( a small town in El Salvador) was talking about. I was just as anxious as my family was to have the first Quinceanera in the family.

August 5th of 2006 was finally here. I wasn't wakened up by my mother with a mariachi band behind her like we're use to seeing in TV shows, but i didn't mind it because that day was all about me. I rushed out my room to step out in a living room busier than a factory. The smell of flowers, that were going to decor all the tables at my party, made me fell as if i was standing in the middle of a garden if I'd closed my eyes. I began to walk to the back of my house to thank everyone that was helping prepare the food, and ran to my parents and gave them the biggest hug ever, for making my dream party come true. With tears rushing down their face, they smiled at me and said you deserved it mi nina, which means my little girl in Spanish.

Hours rushed across our eyes without even feeling them. My court was arriving at my house as i was still getting my hair done. I was feeling a little nervous to see how everything turned out at my party location. I hurried to my room ,with cameras following me giving me little privacy. I was the princess of the day when i stepped out my room. Everyone eyes popped out, jaws dropped and gasps were heard all around. I stood in one place,with my pink strapless top and puffy bottom dress , like the ones Queen Elizabeth wore back then,smiled, and waited to receive compliments. And as they came, flashing lights were seen as my photographer took pictures.

Everyone was dressed ready to head to church. As we walked the unleveled, rocky streets, uninvited people stuck their heads out their houses, to see what everyone was wearing, and who was going with who, we have very nosy people in our town, but we're use to it. My court and i walked down the aisle of the church, as practiced until we got to our seats. Church was the usual catholic mass, except it looked a lot prettier. I couldn't concentrate, all I did was look around to see who was coming in and out, and all i could hear in the very back was the priest. The longest hour of my life was finally over, we walked back out the church as practiced again, and we were ready to party.

As we got to the main street of the town, in front of my grandparents house, the music was getting louder and louder. My entrance wasn't all that, but it was nice. As i heard the DJ in one end of the street announcing my name, everyone around me were starting to clap, and get on their tippy toes to see how i looked. I felt as good as i did when i won in the beauty pageant contest. I walked down the narrow red carpeted aisle, surrounded by guest and tables to the dance floor where my daddy was waiting for me, to have the father and daughter dance. After that the party continued. Everyone was having loads of fun, and i was super excited.

At the end, my Quinceanera was just as i dreamed of it. The most important event of my life had came to an end. The next day i could hear everyone talking about it as i walked down the streets and all they told me was that they couldn't wait for my sisters, the next year. Now i look back and say dreams do come true if everyone works together.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have one of these. I've always wanted a debut which is like a sweet 16 but its when a girl turns 18. Its something Filipinos do. But its so expensive and really stressful to plan one. But you're lucky, especially with your own car and everything. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting! I actually can relate to this! My best friend lives in Georgia and she is Puerto Rican. 4 years ago she had her Quince and i attended. I got to be in the court! 10 guys and 10 girls, we had to learn the Waltz and the "Thriller" dance by Michael Jackson and perform it at the party. It was an honor and truly an experience. I video recorded her the whole day like it was an episode of my "Super Sweet 16" haha. It had to be the coolest party i had ever been to. That is awesome girl. I bet it was the time of your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool and I can relate even though I am not hispanic, most of my friends are and they have either had Quinces or been in the court. It amazes me so much and I wish I could have had something like that. Congratulations on yours, and I'm so glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is sooo awesome! i always wished that i could have had a quince. but my family never had the money for me to be able to do it. even though the party isn't really the traditional part of it, its really just the ceremony, but the party is the most fun! lol
    It sounds like it was a lot of fun, being the center of attention, even if just for a little while is always fun! haha

    ReplyDelete

.:About Me:.

My photo
Im Latina, born in El Salvador, Love to Dance, very curious, outspoken and impatient!